AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Router supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology, with AiProtection Pro network security powered by Trend Micro™, compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system
- Next-Gen WiFi 6 Standard – Supporting the latest Wi-Fi standard 802.11AX (Wi-Fi 6) and 80MHz bandwidth for better capacity and efficiency
- Ultrafast WiFi Speed – RT-AX56U supports 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency – Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- Commercial-grade Security – lifetime free AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better Partner with Mesh System – Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- Smart Home Ready – Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
Get Your Home Ready for WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current Wi-Fi standard. The latest 802.11ax standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster Wi-Fi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
Next-Gen WiFi Speed
RT-AX56U is a 2×2 dual-band Wi-Fi router that provides 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201Mbps on the 5GHz band — RT-AX56U is 1.5X faster than 802.11ac 2×2 dual-band routers.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive Wi-Fi experience.
Better Battery Life for Your Devices
Target Wake Time (TWT) allows RT-AX56U to schedule designated intervals for devices to transmit data. This allows them to sleep when there is no need to wait for a router signal, reducing power consumption by up to 7X for significantly improved battery life*.
WiFi that Goes Farther
With the latest 802.11ax WiFi standard featuring OFDMA technology, RT-AX56U provides increased WiFi signal range and better coverage by dividing each channel into smaller sub-channels. These sub-channels have a smaller bandwidth that enables them to travel up to 80% farther1, resulting in a better WiFi connection throughout your home*.
Commercial-grade Security for your Home Network
RT-AX56U has lifetime free AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™ with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to protect your devices and personal data from internet threats. This strong security offers advanced parental controls, including the ability to block specific websites and mobile app types.
Powerful Whole-home Wi-Fi System. The Way You Want.
In most cases, your RT-AX56U can deliver smooth, reliable Wi-Fi to every part of your home. But Wi-Fi coverage can be affected by many factors — room layout, construction materials, and even furnishings. ASUS AiMesh is an innovative new router feature that fixes these problems: it creates a whole-home Wi-Fi network using multiple ASUS routers. AiMesh is powerful, flexible and you can use a mix of ASUS router models — protecting your investment! AiMesh gives you time-saving central control, and seamless roaming capability. AiMesh is Wi-Fi you can rely on — for all your devices, all the time!
- Type: Cable Router
- Connectivity: Wireless
- Max Wireless Transfer Rate: 1201 Mbps
- Max Wired Transfer Rate: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Signal Rate: 2.4 GHz: Up to 574Mbps
5 GHz: Up to 1201Mbps
- Bands: Dual Band
- Interface(s): 4 x RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for WAN
1 x RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN
1 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
- Button(s): “WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Switch”
- Power Supply: AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz)
DC Output : 12 V with max. 2 A current
- Antenna(s): 2 x External antenna
- Network Standard: “IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11ax, IPv4, IPv6”
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 223.5 x 129.3 x 47.5 mm
- Security: “WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise , WPA2-Enterprise , WPS support”
- Port Forwarding: Yes
- VPN Support: IPSec server
- Management: “UPnP, IGMP v1/v2/v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Port Forwarding, DMZ, System Event Log”
- Advanced Features: See Overview
- Package Contents: 1 x RT-AX56U
1 x RJ45
1 x Adapter
1 x QSG
1 x Warranty Card
- Package Type: Retail
- Package Weight: 1.0500 kg
- Warranty: 3 Years
- #Hide#Wireless Standard: 802.11ax